Thorpe Nursery Pre-School
Manor Farm House
1. Thorpe Nursery offer sessional day care from 8.30am to 3.30pm during term time.
2. Children who are sick with an unexplained rash, sore throat, vomiting, diarrhoea, unusual loose bowel movement or temperature should not be brought to nursery. Children taking antibiotics other than for preventative reasons should also be at home.If your child requires medicine while at nursery please discuss this with the nursery manager. All medicines must be given to the manager and a record will be kept in the appropriate book.
3. Please notify the nursery if you child is not well enough to attend. Any children previously sent home from nursery with suspected sickness or diarrhoea will not be allowed back for a minimum of 48 hours. It is also important to notify the staff if a child has suffered any injury, accident or upsetting incident which may affect their behaviour.
4. Children like to be messy with paint, playdoh etc. Please send them in suitable clothes, which they can undo themselves. All coats, shoes and hats must also be named as well as lunchboxes. Coats that are suitable for outdoors should be sent in when the weather inidicates rain as we do go outside every day. Cool packs should be provided all year round to keep your child's lunch cool.
5. Please make sure your contact details are kept up to date in case of emergency. In the unlikely event of an accident or medical emergency the manager will call an ambulance and telephone your contact numbers.
6. Fees should, preferably, be paid online, (bank details will appear on your invoice) or by direct debit scheme through Parenta our software management provider. No refunds can be made for Sickness or Holidays. The management reserve the right to refuse entry should the fees remain unpaid after 14 days of invoice being issued.
7. One months full notice in writing or equal payment is required if the child is withdrawn before school entry. One full months notice in writing is required to alter days or times of alloted sessions.
8. Our collection policy details the procedure if someone else is collecting your child from nursery. Please ask a member of staff for a collection form upon entry.
9. Should you be unavoidably detained in collecting your child please telephone the nursery immediately. Peristent late collection will result in a late payment charge of £5 per 5 minutes being applied to your invoice.
10. All information concerning a child and their family will be treated confidentially. Some information may be held electronically. Parents must sign our information sharing doument to be able to access government funding.
11. In case of any problems please talk initially to the nursery manager. In cases of difficulty the management committee will ask an officer from Ofsted or Surrey County Council to become involved.